CAN YOU GIVE BEN SOME ADVICE?
“Hi, I could use your advice. The last few weeks have been so hard on my family. My little brother, Liam, ran away and took about sixty quid from mum and left a note saying that he was never coming back. It reminds me of when my dad left… he’s acting like a prat! I am so confused, I feel angry, but also guilty. Can you help me?”
The Bible says...
Jesus was asked, 'Who but God can forgive sins?' He replied, 'I, the Son of Man, have the authority on earth to forgive sins.' - Luke 5:21-24
Jesus said, 'So watch yourselves. If your brother sins rebuke him, and if he repents forgive him. If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says 'I repent'. Forgive him.' - Luke 17:3-4
How would you respond? Please click on one of the options below
- Option 1 – Your mum needs you now, your brother is not important.
- Option 2 – Get on with your own life, there is no point in looking back.
- Option 3 – He needs to be taught a good lesson, find Liam and give him a good smacking!
- Option 4 – Do you think your attitude to Liam is to blame?
- Option 5 – Forgive him. You can never expect to be forgiven when you do things wrong unless you’re willing to forgive.